Monday, April 4, 2011

Stumbling vs Strategic

In one of the more unique stories about the effect of the extensive budget cuts that are going on in schools nationwide, I discovered a principal in California who is selling her shoe collection to raise funds for her school.

It's actually touching to see the commitment of this professional that you can read about here... http://bit.ly/fiExUL

Beyond that, this school district is an account of a large company for which I am consulting on their sales execution. I pinged the account manager covering the district to get his thoughts on the scenario. It is a passion of mine and an approach of my firm to instill a strong sense of customer empathy with our clients, and it's difficult not to feel that for professional educators like the principal in this scenario.

When the AM got back to me, he asked me where I "stumbled across" this info. I thought that was an interesting question, since, I didn't stumble across it at all. It came through someone that is focused on the kind of markets that my client serves, that I strategically follow on Twitter to receive just this kind of information.

This isn't an indictment of the AM's question, but it is an opportunity for you to consider how you are using all the incredible technology out there to learn about...and to connect on a deeper level with...your customers.

Don't stumble...be strategic.

No comments:

Post a Comment