Monday, December 12, 2011

Relentless Positivity

Don’t know why on a Monday of all days such a positive vibe seems to be in control. (Especially pre-first-cup-of-coffee.)

It did strike me as ironic that a Google search of “brutally honest” yields 5.2 million results, while a search of “relentlessly positive” yields only 129k. For more on my thoughts on brutality and honesty, see http://tricendent.blogspot.com/2009/04/surgery-vs-brutality.html, but for now I’ll focus on positivity.

In the current environment, this seems to be more difficult than ever. Yet much of our drive and resilience comes from positivity, and I love the illustrative juxtaposition of the words in the term Relentlessly Positive. Positivity seems so Pollyanna-ish, yet Relentlessness is so hard-edged. It might seem an oxymoronic phrase, but when you have it, and you stick to it, it pays dividends.

There actually is a blog I had never seen before called Relentlessly Positive. (http://relentlesslypositive.blog.co.uk/) In it, I found a key phrase right at the top of the latest post…

“Someone stole my Mojo for a week or so, but I'm back…”

That’s the great thing about Relentless Positivity, it doesn’t mean you’re always up (did I mention it’s Monday).

It means you always get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment